The Conservation Committee, and members of CONC in general, are concerned with the preservation and restoration of natural areas in the Central Okanagan and beyond. This particularly applies to wetlands.
Some of the conservation activities in which CONC participates:
- Planting of native plants at the Chichester wetlands,
- Birding and botany surveys at Knox Mountain,
- Planning for a birding platform at Robert Lake,
- Providing input to the City of Kelowna and the Central Okanagan Regional District regarding park planning,
- Assisting the École KLO Middle School Environmental Club to complete their reclamation work on Fascieux Creek, and
- Stream cleaning along Mission Creek and in the Maude-Roxby Wetland
Looking to the future CONC, provides a bursary, in cooperation with the Central Okanagan Bursary and Scholarship Society, for students planning a career in an environmental field.
For details about other activities and a meeting schedule, please contact the CONC president, Rick Gee, at 250 763 0124, or rdgee at shaw dot ca.
Additional reference material is available